Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (July 12 – July 18, 2021):
Last week was another filled with celebrations, food, and drinks. I hosted an in-person Thirty-One party, complete with snacks and sangria. Our neighbor’s son graduated from high school, and they had a HUGE party, with the neighbor group staying up past midnight. I consumed a LOT of food and beverages that day. So I am happy with the fact that my weight stayed the same.
I am getting frustrated with my active calories burned. The Apple Watch monitors three primary factors: hours moving (the “stand” ring), exercise minutes, and active calories burned (the “move” ring). I’ve set my “move” goal to be such that I have to exercise to earn it, and usually if I do 30 minutes of exercise, I will close my move ring. Lately, that hasn’t been happening. I will do 30-40 minutes exercise (yoga, slower-paced walk), and at the end of the day, I’ll still need to burn 30-60 active calories. I guess I’m more stagnant during the day? I don’t know, but I’m very frustrated.
Weight: Stayed the same.
Goals: Met some goals, didn’t meet others.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for July:
- Use my in-home yoga and/or stretching program two days per week. – 2/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. -4/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total allotted calorie consumption each week. – NO! (+2,622)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – NO! 4(9)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7