Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (August 2 – August 8, 2021):
ON VACATION! Yep, I was completely and wholly on vacation last week. I did walk, but there was no yoga and no careful eating. I had a great time with my family, and even though I ate a lot, I never ate so much that I felt sick, which is a win for me while on vacation.
Weight: I was up another 1.1 pounds last week, which brings the two week vacation total to up 2.5 pounds. That’s much less than in previous years.
Goals: Not the best week for meeting my goals. But I’m back on track this week.
I am keeping my goals the same for August, knowing if I stick with them, I will lose weight.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for August:
- Use my in-home yoga and/or stretching program two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+7,297)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 5(11)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7