Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (September 6 – September 12, 2021):
I had a much more successful week last week. I made better choices – only having one beer instead of two with dinner, only having half of a lobster roll. I evaluated my fullness and mostly took that into account before reaching for more food or snacking.
Weight: Down 0.6 pounds, which is good; however, I’m still not back to my pre-vacation weight (vacation was over a month ago!).
Goals: Overall, it was a good week. The only goal I didn’t make 100% is the number of days I had an alcoholic beverage. I only had three last week, but it was on three separate days (I try to limit it to two days).
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for September:
- Use my in-home yoga and/or stretching program two days per week. – 2/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. -7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – yes (+846)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(3)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7