Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (August 23 – August 29, 2021):
I’m a little frustrated because even though on paper, I did better this week, the scale stayed the same. I know that happens, but I wish it would move down just as fast as it moves up, you know?!
Weight: I was the same weight as I was last week. I was up 1.8 pounds for the month of August.
Goals: Overall, I did a pretty good job of meeting my goals last week, but I skipped out on yoga, only finishing one class. I like doing the classes, but I don’t burn as many calories from yoga as I do walking (minute for minute). So on the days I do yoga, I still have to walk, which leads me to… why not just walk. Not the right attitude, but that’s what has been happening.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for August:
- Use my in-home yoga and/or stretching program two days per week. – 1/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. -5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 3/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – yes (+1,006)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(4)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7