Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (September 20 – September 26, 2021):
Well, the week started off in the right direction, but ended with a lot of eating! But I’m good with it – my husband and I flew to Michigan, and I had a reunion with my college friends. There were six of us that called ourselves the “Catfish Crew” (a spring break reference). We hadn’t all been together in over 20 years. It was such a wonderful time. I got to visit and catch up, see the campus, tailgate before and go to the UMich game, and just basically get in lots of fun!! I did get in lots of steps – especially Saturday (game day).
Weight: Up one pound, which isn’t too bad, all things considered. I stayed the same for the month of September (no loss or gain).
Goals: Yes to movement, but I skipped yoga this week and I felt it! After two plane rides and standing most of the day Saturday, I hurt by Sunday evening.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for September:
- Use my in-home yoga and/or stretching program two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. -7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+6,000 or so, I didn’t keep good track)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – A LOT! I didn’t keep track
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7