Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.
If you are interested in participating in TMST or receiving periodic emails that list the upcoming TMST topics and questions, please fill out this GOOGLE FORM. Participation is optional and never required.
November 23rd: Gratitude. What books/authors/narrators/bloggers are you most thankful for this year?
This is a fun post because I really am thankful for the romance/romance-adjacent community. Whether via Twitter, Facebook, email, text, or calls… so many of the community have supported me over the years. Here is a short list of some of those people who’ve made 2021 just a little bit better.
I’ve felt like I’ve been in the middle of doom and gloom for so long that I’m all about the FEEL GOOD stories. Here are a few from 2021 that lifted my spirits:
- The Knockout Rule by Kelly Siskind.
- Accidentally Engaged by Farah Heron.
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert.
- You Spin Me by Karen Grey.
- The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood.
- Donut Fall in Love by Jackie Lau.
- All the Feels by Olivia Dade.
Like last year, there have been many authors out there who have worked to uplift our community with positive stories and happy news. There are others who have shared their struggles and losses. I value both and appreciate those authors who allow us fans a peek into their lives. This year I am most thankful for:
- Anne Renwick. She keeps readers posted on the latest vaccine developments and posts scientific facts. She has also listened to me (via email) talk about the whole college application process that I’m experiencing with my oldest. And she feeds my audiobook passion with her own stories.
- Jackie Lau. Not only is her fall release, Donut Fall in Love, is one of my favorite books of 2021, but she posted photos of amazing donuts and a few abs in her Facebook group, keeping me hungry and smiling.
Again, I am thankful for the narrators who’ve been sharing on social media. I love hearing their stories. I also love how they can bring a book to life for me. One big stand out in 2021 is:
- Amanda Ronconi. I don’t interact with Amanda at all, but I do love her work. She narrated a number of books I listened to in 2021, including all of Molly Harper and Danielle Garrett’s work.
How to narrow this down?!
- The blogging team here at That’s What I’m Talking About. They give so much and I am thankful to call each my friend. Thank you Jennifer, Nima, Ang, and B.
- Felicia Sparks of The Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog. My partner-in-crime for FitReaders and in life! I’ve known her forever and love her dearly.
- Linda from Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell, Berls from Because Reading is Better than Real Life, Karen from For What It’s Worth, and Roberta from Offbeat YA. These lovely ladies all teamed up with me to keep Tell Me Something Tuesday going! They are each rockstars!