Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (December 20 – December 26, 2021):
My daughter had a minor procedure on both feet on Wednesday 12/22, and then we were on the road, driving to my sister’s home on 12/23. So I was eating out for a lot of the week. And then, Christmas and family celebrations for the holiday and weekend. I didn’t exercise as much as I hoped and I overate. Oh well, I had fun!
Happy New Year to all! May 2022 be a safe and fruitful year.
Weight: I was up about 1.5 pounds last week.
Goals: Bad, bad, bad…
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2021:
My overall goals for 2021 are:
- To lose approximately 10 pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and get back to my goal weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort. – I didn’t do very good on this goal. In fact, I am the same weight as I was when the year started.
- To get back into yoga or start some sort of strength training. I miss yoga, but found I wasn’t doing it at home, alone, since COVID shut down the studio I went to. I need to change things up. – I did well on this goal by finding the Peloton app. Even though I’m not as consistent as I’d like to be, I’m enjoying the yoga and more recently, the meditation programs.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog. – did this one!
Goals for December:
- Use my in-home yoga and/or stretching program two days per week. – 1/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 3/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -4/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+4,902)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 4(4)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 6/7