Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 3 – January 9, 2022):
This first week of January brought some good and some hard. The good – I got to go to Boston with my girlfriend and our daughters to see Jesus Christ Superstar. It was wild – I’d never seen it before. We even went out to dinner in a restaurant with very spaced out tables (and we ate early before it got too busy). We also had our first significant snowfall of the year (about 6″) and the kids had a snow day on Friday. I shoveled for my “workout” on Saturday, and Sunday, my husband and I tried out our new snowshoes. That was a good workout, but if I am going to do it often, I will need to get better boots for walking.
The hard… I’ve got some family stuff going on that was brought to light on Friday night. It’s only been a couple days, so we’ll see where this one goes; I’ll report back next week.
Weight: I was down almost 2.5 pounds last week. Just lowering my caloric intake and eating more sensibly helped a lot.
Goals: I did pretty good for this first week of the new year. I didn’t meet all of my goals – but I was much closer on the caloric intake this week. Also, even though I exercised on a couple days, I still didn’t do enough to close the “movement” ring (active calories). I’ll have to work more on getting more movement into my days.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for January:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 2/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 1/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 4/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 3/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+1,359)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(2)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7