Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 10 – January 16, 2022):
Last week was a difficult week at home. A family member is dealing with illness, which took up a lot of my time and emotional energy, especially at the beginning of the week. On top of that, I’ve got a wicked head cold. That peaked on Friday-Sunday and kept me on the couch most of the daytime, plus not sleeping well at night. Then, in the middle of the week, we had extremely low temps (the high on Tuesday was 10F). All-in-all, it was rough and I did very little moving. Of course, not feeling great, I also didn’t eat a lot.
The highlights of last week included taking my daughter out for drives (she’s in driver’s ed right now), watching movies with the family (we are in the midst of rewatching off of the Ice Age movies and watched the new Hotel Transylvania), and I spend some time reading.
Weight: My weight was up 0.2 pounds last week. Makes sense since I barely moved.
Goals: From a food/calorie standpoint, I did spectacular. I felt ill and didn’t eat much until the weekend. Movement was way down. Between the cold weather, my cold, and family stuff, I didn’t feel up to it, especially the yoga. I did manage one meditation. I need to create a set time and place for meditation. I think about it, but I don’t do it because I don’t have a quiet place for myself to do it. I supposed I could get up early, feed the cats, and then spend some time in meditation downstairs before getting reading for the day. Maybe I’ll try that… but giving up sleep is hard! And it’s so cold in the mornings!
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for January:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 1/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 2/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 2/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 5/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – Yes (-657)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 0(0)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7