Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 17 – January 23, 2022):
Last week was okay. I spent most of it recovering from my cold and was about 99% better by Sunday. The other issues going on have stabilized for now, so I was able to keep to my normal activities. With that said, I didn’t workout much at all. I really wanted to walk outside and was able to Monday and Tuesday, but after that… nothing. No yoga either. Not sure why I’m not wanting to do yoga. By the end of the week, my social life picked up. My daughter got her covid booster Friday and was very tired on Saturday. I had a Girl Scout meeting Saturday afternoon and went out to eat with my girlfriend that evening. Sunday, my girl and I went with our friends to Boston to see Pretty Woman the Musical. It was a lot of fun.
Weight: I gained 2 pounds last week.
Goals: I didn’t do well at all last week. I started the week off with good intentions, walking and sticking to my calories. But as the week went on, I found various reasons not to do yoga and not to walk. Some were legit – weather, but mostly, I filled the time with other things. Eating got bad as the weekend approached: we did take out Friday, and I went out to dinner on Saturday and Sunday.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for January:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 1/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 1/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 3/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO! (+3,045)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(2)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7