Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (December 27, 2021 – January 2, 2022):
Happy New Year! I hope you all are safe and healthy. Are you ready to begin another year of better health?
This post covers the week between Christmas and New Years – traditionally a time of low activity and higher-than-normal eating. At the beginning of the week, we were still at my sister’s home, driving back to New England on Tuesday. More grab-n-go foods and no walks. Then later that week was New Year’s Eve and Day. We ended up cancelling the annual neighbor get-together because of potential COVID exposures. But my family and I still enjoyed the snacking while watching football. Just before we left to my sister’s our trusted TV died, so once we got back, my husband and I got in some shopping and we have a beautiful new TV. It’s been fun.
Weight: I was down 0.3 pounds last week.
Goals: Although I overate, I ate less than the previous week. Also, I only had two alcoholic beverages. I didn’t do any yoga and barely moved most of the week, but got in a few walks with my neighbor.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My Goals for 2022:
I’ve been thinking about my overall goals for the year. One thing I’ve noticed is that for the past two or three years, I’ve had a goal to lose about 10 pounds to get back to my “goal weight,” which is also within the healthy BMI. I work on it throughout the year, usually getting down about 5 pounds at some point, but end up back at the same weight by the end of the year. Honestly, I’m okay with this; however, I don’t want to have my goal “stay the same weight,” because then I’ll end up never losing and only gaining – right? So my new goal for 2022 is to lose and maintain a five pound weight loss. In addition, I want to add some meditation and maintain my yoga throughout the year. My overall goal for my mental/emotional wellbeing is to be more present in the now. So here are my goals:
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for December:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 4/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -4/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+2,733)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1(2)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7