Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 31 – February 6, 2022):
Last week as a pretty low-key week. I was in the office again on Wednesday, which I really enjoyed. I love seeing my coworkers. On Thursday, I used my gift cards at Best Buy and got a new sound bar to go with our new TV (got it back at Christmas). Friday was a “snow day” for the kids because we had another storm come through. This time it was all freezing rain and ice. Luckily we didn’t lose power, and we had it mostly cleaned up by the evening. The weekend was low-key. We started watching Reacher on Amazon and watched/finished Murderville on Netflix. Murderville has a hilarious concept and most episodes had us rolling with laughter. Reacher is good so far – lots of action plus some humor. I’ve not read the books, so I can’t say how the show compares.
Weight: I was down 0.9 pounds last week.
Goals: Since I have been struggling with my meditation and yoga, my primary goal last week was to meet those fitness goals, and I did! I actually ended up meeting all of my goals last week – yea. I did lose a little weight, which is good, but I get so frustrated when I work hard for such a little loss. Yet one “bad day” will put me up 1-3 pounds. *sigh* I am going to focus on yoga and meditation again this coming week.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for February (Same as January):
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 2/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 3/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 3/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – yes (+1,234)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1(1)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7