Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (February 7 – February 13, 2022):
Last week was a normal week as far as schedules, which was nice. On Saturday, my husband and I got together for coffee and treats with some friends from church that we haven’t seen since before COVID. We ended up with some snow all day Sunday, which was unexpected, but not a big deal (we can handle three inches of snow up here in Northern New England). We also watched the Super Bowl. My favorite commercial was Keeping Up with the Joneses. Did you watch? What was your favorite commercial?
Weight: I was up 0.4 pounds last week.
Goals: I forgot that I was trying to focus on completing my yoga and meditation goals last week. I did get in yoga, but only one meditation. It’s not that I don’t want to do it, it’s just not part of my routine. I don’t have a set time to practice meditation, so it often gets overlooked. I also ate a lot last week. I just get so frustrated that I kind of give up, figuring I’ll just eat since I can’t lose weight – self-defeating I know, but I bet you understand.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for February (Same as January):
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 2/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 1/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+2,092)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 0(0)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7