Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (February 14 – February 20, 2022):
It was a good week, but filled with eating out and such. I was in the office again on Wednesday, and we got Mexican for lunch. It’s one of our favorite restaurants, and this was the first time in a couple years we’ve been in the office and able to eat together. We also went into Boston on Saturday to see our neighbor’s son play in his first college lacrosse game. It was snowy and cold! But it was a lot of fun to see him play at this next level. Then after, the group of us went to Boston’s North End and had an amazing Italian meal (including a couple delicious cocktails). We also hit a bakery and brought home cookies and cannolis. Oh, and did I mention that I’m a Girl Scout leader and cookies came in? I can’t win… too much temptation and a lot of overeating.
Weight: I was up 0.6 pounds last week.
Goals: Well, I got in my yoga and meditation. But there was a day I did a 30 minute workout (indoor walk) and still didn’t burn enough calories to meet my daily goal. I overate, so I didn’t make those goals either.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for February:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 2/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 2/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 4/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+3,056)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1(2)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7