Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 24 – January 30, 2022):
Finally, I was feeling much better (from my cold) last week. I had a lot of energy and got in some walks at the beginning of the week. I also went into my office for work on Tuesday, which made me happy. I love working from home, but I miss interacting with my coworkers, so it was great to see them. I still had no motivation to do yoga or meditate, preferring to play games on my phone or watch TV with my kiddo when I had time. I took my daughter for a long (1.5 hours) drive on Friday (she’s in driver’s ed right now), and by the time we got home, I didn’t feel like working out. Saturday was the blizzard – it snowed ALL DAY, so of course we ate lots and lots of junk and vegged the whole day. Finally on Sunday, the sun was out and I did lots of shoveling. We got about 15-18″ of snow.
Weight: I gained 1 pound last week. I am up three pounds over the past two weeks and a total gain of 0.7 pounds for the month.
Goals: It was another blah week. I actually did okay with exercise, but I also ate a lot (feeling better; appetite is back). Even though I moved more days than not last week, the quality of exercise wasn’t enough for me to close the active calorie ring most days. That also tells me I’m not moving much during the day, other than when I exercise. And I just can’t get into yoga or meditation, which I need for my mental well-being.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for January:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 2/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO! (+3,156)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(4)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7