Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (February 28 – March 6, 2022):
I continued my family vacation through Friday, arriving home just after midnight Saturday morning. We had a great time in the sun and heat, visiting friends and family. We made it to the beach one day (found this rock) and spent a lot of time at the pool. I managed to enjoy some walks, both with my mom and solo. I read and relaxed. I also ate a lot. I had desserts and wine everyday. Even though the scale doesn’t show it, I can feel extra weight in my mid-section. I had gained a couple pounds right before I left, too.
I’ve been talking about how I’m frustrated that I’ll have several “good” days and see no movement on the scale, and then one “bad” day will throw me out of whack. So I’ve decided in March, I’m only going to weigh myself once per week. I’ll report back on this.
Weight: I was down 0.5 lbs over the course of two weeks and stayed about the same for the month of February. (I didn’t have a scale, so I didn’t have an end-of-month weight.)
Goals: I enjoyed getting in walks, especially on the warm days and once we got to Florida. I overate a lot while in Florida, and my belly felt off a few times. Now that I’m back home, I need to get back into yoga and meditation.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for March (Same as February):
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 4/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+5,123)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 6(8)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7