Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 7 – March 13, 2022):
Back at home and somewhat back to a routine. I had several school/volunteer things last week – two evening meetings, I had a Girl Scout trip to some grocery stores (they are working on a food-related badge), and I volunteered at a road race Saturday morning (to help raise funds for my son’s graduating class). This kept me busy and social. I started the week with my intent to do some yoga and mediation; however, as the week wore on, I just didn’t feel it. I’ve decided that I’m not going to feel bad about it. Yes, I need to add in yoga and meditation. Yes, ultimately I feel better. But… I just want to walk outside right now, so I’m not going to stress about it. The weather was wonky again – unseasonably warm, and then snow 3-4″, followed by a lot of rain.
Weight: I was down 1.3 pounds for the week, and back at a loss for the year.
Goals: I was able to move most days and met those goals. I did better with eating – and no alcohol – so I lost some weight. I have entirely too many GS Cookies in my home, and I’ve been snacking a lot.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for March (Same as February):
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 1/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 1/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+1,625)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 0(0)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7