Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 14 – March 20, 2022):
It was a good week for fun, but not for my goals. I started the week off with breakfast out with a friend I hadn’t seen in months. I was in the office midweek, and my boss bought us lunch. I did great, eating fruits and veggies and only one slice of pizza, but I ate two huge cookies. On St. Patrick’s Day, we did a corned beef and cabbage takeout from a local restaurant, and of course, I had to have a beer! On Saturday, I got a last minute invite to a fundraising gala with my girlfriend as her husband couldn’t go. I ended up having wine, snacking, and eating desserts! Sunday was another takeout meal and treats as we celebrated my neighbor’s birthday. So, lots of extra calories, which shows on the scale.
Weight: I was up 2 pounds last week – and back over my starting weight back in January.
Goals: I didn’t do very well last week. I overate every day. I did walk, but it wasn’t enough to compensate for the overeating. I continued to “ignore” my yoga and meditation goals.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for March:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+2,850)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(4)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7