Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 21 – March 27, 2022):
Another week in which I pretty much ignored my calories. Friday evening I bought a pint of my favorite Ben and Jerry’s (Chubby Hubby), and I ate it in two sittings. It’s 680 calories/cup. I also ate out/takeout three nights last week. Lots of desserts. The week was pretty low-key, just my normal work, chores, kid stuff. I met up with my girlfriends for breakfast on Thursday (another huge meal). Saturday, we went to Boston with friends to watch our neighbor’s son play lacrosse (college).
Weight: I was up 0.2 pounds last week. I was up 0.8 for the month, and I’m up just over a pound for the year. *sigh* I’m my own worst enemy.
Goals: Even though I did pretty well with my goals, the amount of excess eating really did me in. I know my goals work if I stick with them…
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for March:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+3,178)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1(1)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7