Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (April 4 – April 10, 2022):
Such a great week for my family. My son made his final decision for school next year, and we put our deposit down. He was also called out in the local paper as one of the top 20 boys’ lacrosse player to watch for our region. My daughter turned 16 on Friday! My husband and I also visited with his cousins, which we’ve only seen once in the past 2 years. One the way home, we caught sight of a Snowy Owl, which are very rare. They winter along the coast.
Goal-wise, I did really well with my eating Monday (colonoscopy day) through Thursday. But then Friday we went out for my daughter’s birthday and Saturday we went out with my husband’s cousins. I did good – not eating as much as I could have, but I still ate more than I needed to. Plus on Sunday, I had a huge turkey dinner with all of the fixings, all for a good cause (church fundraiser). All-in-all, I didn’t overeat a lot, but it was enough for a weight increase after the big drop last week. It’s frustrating because I’m realizing if I want to stay at my current weight (which is above where I’d like to be), I have to “diet.” The downside of getting old!
Weight: I was up 1.2 pounds last week.
Goals: Other than the yoga and meditation, I well.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for March/April:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 4/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – yes (+924)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(4)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7