Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (April 11 – April 17, 2022):
The week was okay; busy as this time of year is. My daughter has dance M-Th evenings. My son had two lacrosse games (Tuesday away and Friday home). He did have a career best game last Friday, scoring 6 goals! Friday evening I had a blast going to see Purple Xperience, a Prince tribute band. We sang, danced, and laughed a lot. On Easter Sunday, I got up and went to sunrise service at the beach. Then my daughter and I went to Boston with our friends to see To Kill a Mockingbird, staring Richard Thomas as Atticus Finch. It was AMAZING… brought tears to my eyes.
I didn’t do well with my eating all week. I would be good most of the day, but then have snacks and desserts in the evening. Then I ate out on Friday and Sunday. I just didn’t seem to care.
Weight: I was down 0.4 pounds last week.
Goals: Not that great.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for March/April:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+3,000)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(4)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7