Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (April 18 – April
24 25, 2022):
Another busy and fun week. My son had two home LAX games (won both!). My daughter, a friend, and I went to Boston on Sunday to see Ain’t Too Proud, and then we stayed the night to celebrate both of their 16th birthdays (January and April). We enjoyed the show, then after we checked into our hotel, we walked over to the North End (Italian restaurants and bakeries). We had a lovely dinner and checked out some of the history. I’ve done the Freedom Trail a few times, but the kids had not. The next day we had a yummy breakfast at the hotel and went over to the New England Aquarium. We watched one of the IMAX shows and then into the aquarium. It’d been about 5 years since our last visit. Even though the that day is technically next week, since I was gone, I didn’t weigh in until Tuesday. So I’m counting Monday for last week.
Weight: I was up over 3 pounds last week and another 0.7 pounds for the month of April. No surprise.
Goals: SO BAD! I didn’t meet any! I continued to not care, eating extra food every day. Plus, I went out or had take out almost every day last week. I felt so full Tuesday… just ick! Still no motivation for yoga. *sigh* Next week, I’m going to work extra hard on questioning each food choice. Not saying no, but making myself think about it.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for March/April:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 4/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+3,039)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(6)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 6/7