Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 28 – April 3, 2022):
This was a successful week because it needed to be. I had a colonoscopy on Monday April 4, so I started cutting calories and rich foods all week long. Then, I could only have clear liquids on Sunday, followed by the prep-drink Sunday evening. This explains the significant weight loss for this week. Additionally, I spent all day Saturday touring the school my son has officially accepted to attend next year (he’s going in for nursing). So that day alone, I walked over 14,000 steps and had 99 exercise minutes. All-in-all, it was a successful week.
Health reminder – Regular screening, beginning at age 45, is the key to preventing colorectal cancer and finding it early. The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that adults age 45 to 75 be screened for colorectal cancer. Please take care of your health – talk to your doctor!
Weight: I was down 3.4 pounds last week.
Goals: Other than the yoga and meditation, I kicked butt. I did do more stretching last week, as well.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for March/April:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 7/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – yes (-2,053)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 0(0)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7