Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (May 2 – May 8, 2022):
Let’s start with the good… the weather is improving and I’m up early, so I’ve gone back to walking in the mornings. I love being down at the beach when it’s quiet and it fills my soul to get in a walk before I start my day. Another good – seeing my son play lacrosse. With COVID eliminating his season two years ago and a broken leg ending his season before the mid-point last year, I’m enjoying every moment of his playtime this year – his final year.
The not so good… I’m eating a lot. I did have two good days last week, but dinner out (with drinks and dessert) on Friday, and Mother’s Day feast (with apps, drinks, and dessert) on Sunday… I ate a lot of extra calories.
Weight: I was up 1.5 pounds, and I’m now 3 pounds over my January 1 weight.
Goals: I did get in my walking and closed my rings. I didn’t even attempt yoga or meditation. I didn’t do well with my food choices.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for May:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+3,129)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(5)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7