Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (May 9 – May 15, 2022):
With sunnier mornings and increasing temperatures, I’ve been getting up and walking early in the day. I LOVE the peaceful time when there are few people out and about. I love the feeling of accomplishment and the extra energy boost. This is all good and probably the only reason I lost a little weight this week. I did go back to weighing myself everyday to see if the shock of seeing the scale go up when I splurged on calories would help keep me in check, but it didn’t. I’ll try again this coming week. The week was busy with lacrosse (three games) and taking my daughter to dance. I also got my hair colored and styled. The weekend was BEAUTIFUL and I spent time outside. I also read a book from start to finish over the weekend. I haven’t done that in ages!
Weight: I was down 0.8 pounds for the week, but still up over 2 pounds for the year.
Goals: I did get in my walking and closed my rings. I didn’t even attempt yoga or meditation. I didn’t do well with my food choices.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for May:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+2,071)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(4)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7