Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (May 16 – May 22, 2022):
What a fun and emotionally charged week I had last week. My mom flew in from Michigan, arriving on Thursday. She was here for no more than 2 hours and got a call that my dad (back at home in MI) had a heart attack and was headed to the hospital. HE IS FINE! He’s still in the hospital and will be having a procedure this coming week (which will actually be this current week by the time this posts). They have some amazing neighbors who have been with him and keeping my mom in the loop. My dad insisted that she not come home because he was stable and fine and being taken care of at the hospital.
My mom came to visit for some big events… On Friday, she got to see my son play lacrosse – she’s never been to one of his varsity games. On Saturday, she got to meet my son’s girlfriend and see them all dressed for prom. On Sunday she got to go to my daughter’s dance recital (something she’s not seen before). On Monday, it was senior night and my son’s last regular season lacrosse game. We had a very busy schedule and ate out a few times. But I made some good choices and didn’t get out of control with the eating.
Weight: I was down 1.6 pounds for the week; finally some progress in the “right” direction.
Goals: Other than continuing not to do yoga/meditation, I had a good week.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for May:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 4/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – yes (+489)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(4)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7