Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (April 25 – May 1, 2022):
This week was a little better. My kids were on school vacation week, but we didn’t go anywhere (I was working). My son had two lacrosse games (in the cold and rain!). I joined a virtual conversation with one of my favorite authors, Milla Vane (aka Meljean Brook) on Saturday morning. I also ran errands and took my daughter driving. It was a pretty low key week.
Weight: Down 0.4 pounds.
Goals: I did get in my walking and closed my rings most of the week. I didn’t do as well as I had hoped with “questioning my decisions” when eating. I still overate a lot. But the movement helped keep my weight stable.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for April/May:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+2,853)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(3)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7