Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (May 30 – June 5, 2022):
It’s was an emotional week. First… I finished out my COVID isolation on Tuesday, and my daughter returned to school on Wednesday. I continued to mask up and work from home the remainder of the week. Last Friday was my son’s last day of school and Saturday was his final lacrosse game. Both hit me a lot harder than I thought they would. Watching him walk off the field for the final time was so hard. We attended our first graduation party on Saturday and I had a few glasses of wine!
Weight: I was up 2.2 pounds for the week. I was maintaining all week and then BAM – I think it was all the calories and wine from Saturday. I’ll be going to several parties over the next few weeks… I’ll need to work on better portion control.
Goals: Despite COVID and moving a lot less, I did well.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for May/June:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+2,129)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1(4)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7