Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (June 6 – June 12, 2022):
Continuing with the emotional times… My first born graduated from high school on Friday June 10th!!! My sister and family made it just in time for the ceremony, and we enjoyed watching him and his classmates receive their diplomas. We had a neighborhood backyard BBQ on Saturday and I ate/drank a lot. But I did really well on Sunday (and a couple other days), so that helped me lose a little bit of the weight I gained last week.
Weight: I was down 0.8 pounds for the week. I actually did really well with eating all but for Friday and Saturday.
Goals: Same as I’ve been doing – still no yoga or meditation.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for June:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 3/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+2,132)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(4)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7