Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post where bloggers discuss a wide range of topics from books and blogging to life in general. Weigh in and join the conversation by adding your thoughts in the comments. If you want to do your own post, grab the question and answer it on your blog. Feel free to leave your links in the comments if you are participating.
If you are interested in participating in TMST or receiving periodic emails that list the upcoming TMST topics and questions, please fill out this GOOGLE FORM. Participation is optional and never required.
June 21st: What are book no-nos that make you figuratively want to toss a book across the room?
I know that I have some, but I just can’t think of them right now… Let’s see.
- I hate TSTL (too stupid to live) heroines.
- I also dislike whiny main characters, especially when told in first person and i get endless inner-monologue rants.
- I don’t like when authors create unnecessary conflicts between the main characters–when they add something predictable or overused just to create tension. I prefer external conflicts that the couple must deal with together.
- I don’t like last minute/contrived fixes/solutions.
- I don’t like it when romances get their couple together at the last minute and then, THE END. Actually this goes for non-romances… when the climatic scene happens and then the book is over. I need something more.
I’m sure as I read other posts I’ll see somethings I’m missing.