Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (June 20 – June 26, 2022):
Another week of celebrations. My folks came to visit Wednesday – Saturday, finally making the trip they couldn’t for my son’s graduation. They were able to be here for his grad party, which was Thursday. It was perfect weather, and I enjoyed seeing family and friends. Friday, my mom, daughter, and some friends went to see WICKED in Boston. I’ve seen it twice before, but it was the first time for my mom and daughter, who both really enjoyed it. I did as well – I forgot how funny it is. Then on Sunday, I went to a bridal shower for a friend – she used to babysit my kids. Another week of overeating and drinking. *sigh*
Weight: I was up 1.7 pounds for the week and 3.7 pounds for the month. I regained all the weight I lost in May (plus some).
Goals: With my schedule and folks visiting, I didn’t get in my usual walking, and still no yoga or meditation.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for June:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 4/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 4/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+6,451)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 5(8)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7