Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (July 11 – July 17, 2022):
The week went by pretty quickly and the weekend was another filled with fun and party… I started getting some projects done around the house during the week. Friday, I went with a friend into Boston. We had dinner and saw the new Neil Diamond life story musical: A Beautiful Noise. It debuted in July here in Boston before moving to Broadway later this fall. We had a fabulous time, and I learned about frosé, which is a frozen slushy rosé wine. YUM!!! I was up early Saturday because I worked our church fair from 8am – 3pm. I was on my feet all day. Then Saturday evening, we had our final graduation party to attend. I hit a wall about 9:30. Sunday my mother-in-law took us to see Footloose the Musical, a local production in the park. It was hot, but we were in the shade most of the performance.
Weight: I was up another 0.4 pounds for the week, which is up 3.6 pounds over the course of a month.
Goals: Ugh. I did horrible with my eating, again. With vacation coming up at the end of the month, I need to lose some of this extra weight. So a new, temporary goal is NO ALCOHOL until I am on vacation (starts July 30). I did get in one yoga session – after my walk as a stretch/cool down.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for July:
- Use my in-home yoga OR meditation app one day per week. – 1/1
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+2,905)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(7)