Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (July 18 – July 24, 2022):
Last week was pretty quiet until the weekend. I did well during the week, but not as good on the weekend (however better than previous weeks). We had old friends visit, the couple through how my husband and I met. We hadn’t seen them in about seven years. It was so good to catch up and just hang out. We had a big BBQ on Saturday, inviting family and friends.
Weight: I was DOWN 0.8 pounds for the week, which is a good start. Like I said, I didn’t meet all my goals, but I did a lot better. I ended up being up 0.5 pounds for July and up 2.8 pounds for the year.
Goals: I met my exercise goals (including one short yoga session), but not my calorie/food goals. My goal was NO alcohol, but I ended up having some. I did well with eating for the most part, making better decisions, especially if I knew I would have a big meal on a given day.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for July:
- Use my in-home yoga OR meditation app one day per week. – 1/1
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 3/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+1,550)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(3.5)*
- *Goal for this week was NO drinks.