Welcome to #FitReaders2021!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (June 27 – July 3, 2022):
I had the house to myself last Monday and Tuesday, as my daughter was visiting my sister’s family and my husband and son were at his college orientation. I watched Moon Knight because no one else wanted to see it. I also enjoyed a clean house for two whole days! Wednesday was my last regular work day until after Labor Day (I’ll put in an hour here and there over the summer). I was in the office all day and went to lunch with a couple co-worker friends. We had another graduation party on Friday, and my girl and I binged the finale of Stranger Things. The weekend was lovely; spent time at the beach and celebrated the 4th with my in-laws on Sunday. Lots of eating/drinking and not as much exercise last week (but better than the week before).
Weight: I was up 0.2 pounds for the week. This is actually good with the amount of calories I’ve been consuming.
Goals: With my schedule and folks visiting, I didn’t get in my usual walking, and still no yoga or meditation.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for June:
- Use my in-home yoga two days per week. – 0/2
- Add in-home meditation two days per week. – 0/2
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 4/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+2,261)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(8)
- Drink 64 oz of non-caffeinated water/beverages, 7 days per week. – 7/7
Goals for July:
Looking at the past few months, I’ve decided to make a couple of changes. First, I’m going to stop reporting on my water intake. My original goal was to get to a minimum of 64 oz per day, and I’ve accomplished this and maintaining the intake for several months now. While I will continue to track it on my phone to ensure I make the goal, I am no longer going to monitor it on the blog. Second, since I’m not doing my yoga OR meditation, I’m going to try reducing the goal in an effort to start again and eventually get back to where I was. My new goal for July will be to get in ONE yoga OR meditation per week for the month and see how I do. I’m hoping this will ease me back into good habits. The remaining goals will stay the same because I know they work IF I STICK TO THEM!