Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (August 1 – August 7, 2022):
Vacation was a blast. I had such an amazing time with family. My sister and her family were there, along with cousins – some of which I’ve not seen since 2017. We played in the lake, soak up the sun, went boating and shopping, ate lots, drank lots, and had fun. I did walk every day. One day I ran a mile with my sister (oh my poor quads) and another we walked up the 400+ steps of “Avalanche Mountain.”
Weight: I was up 1.3 lbs, now my highest weight of the year and in the highest since 2014.
Goals: I didn’t do well with my goals, other than exercising five days, while on vacation. I didn’t try to meet any other than the exercise, so it’s not a surprise. But it’s hard to see the weight continuing to climb. I didn’t do anything different from previous vacations, but now I’m adding more weight and it’s not coming off.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for August:
- Use my in-home yoga OR meditation app one day per week. – 0/1
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+4,261)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 6(16.5)