Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (September 5 – September 11, 2022):
The week started with a rainy Labor Day, and we didn’t do much. Tuesday, I was back to work after my summer (mostly) off. We FaceTimed with my son, who is having a great time at college. I did great with food choices at the beginning of the week, but then I went out for breakfast and dinner on Thursday (we got together with the parents of my son’s friends and had drinks and wings). I volunteered at the local seafood festival and was on my feet most of Friday and Saturday, eating seafood and fries while I was there. Saturday evening my husband and I went to see Sting in concert and it was AMAZING! He still looks and sounds fabulous. And the week ended with a trip to the North End in Boston (Little Italy) to see friends we knew when living in Seattle that we haven’t seen in at least 12 years. So much fun, but lots of celebrations and drinks those days!
Weight: I was down 0.9 pounds last week.
Goals: I did better this week, although I’m still having too many alcoholic drinks on the weekends.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.
Goals for September:
- Use my in-home yoga OR meditation app one day per week. – 1/1
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 3/2
- Be no more than 1,250 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+1,267)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(7)