Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (October 3 – October 9, 2022):
Well, last week was good, but I did not do well with my caloric intake. I was doing pretty good Monday – Thursday, but then went over Friday – Sunday… with Sunday being the bulk of the calories. My son was home for fall break (freshman in college about 3 hours away) and it was is 19th birthday on Monday, so we had all the family and friends over on Sunday for a big bash. I consumed over 3,200 calories that day! I gained back the weight I’d lost the week before. (I’m surprised it wasn’t more.) I’m thinking about switching to a model where I eat less during the week and more on the weekend – since I do that anyhow. That means, however, that I will need to stick within my caloric intake more than 2 days per week. Since it’s too late to try that for the current week (starting 10/10), maybe I’ll try next week.
Weight: I was up 1.1 pounds last week.
Goals: Did well except eating.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for September:
- Use my in-home yoga OR meditation app one day per week. -1/1
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+1,692)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(3)
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.