Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (October 10 – October 16, 2022):
Looking at last week and comparing it to the week prior – I over-consumed roughly the same amount of calories. Last week I went down, two weeks ago I went up. I believe it’s because of the distribution of calories across the week. When I eat a lot on the weekends and not as much during the week – I go up. Whereas, if I eat more, but it’s carried across all seven days, I don’t go up as much, or I go down. Next week (my current week), I am going to try adjusting the daily calories to see if that helps.
I had a fun week. I went out with my girlfriends on Thursday to Brush and Board, where I created a great fall sign for my front porch. I just need to add a layer or two of polyurethane to weather-proof it. My friend brought spicy margaritas made with lime juice, cucumbers and jalapeños. On Saturday, I went with a different group of friends to Boston for a 50th birthday party. We went to a live music bar where they played covers of songs from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s +. From Baby Got Back to As it Was. It was a fun time. We stayed the night in Boston and had an amazing breakfast the next morning.
Weight: I was down 0.6 pounds last week.
Goals: I did great with my exercise, not so great with my food.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for October:
- Use my in-home yoga OR meditation app one day per week. -2/1
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -7/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+1,619)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(5.5)
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.