Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (October 17 – October 23, 2022):
Last week was the first week I tried the new distribution of calories over the week and so far, so good. I don’t know if I can contribute the weight loss to the new “plan” or if it’s just that I actually ate better and stuck with any plan, but it worked, so I’m continuing to try it. The plan basically has fewer total calories M-Th and more on F-Sun. Last weekend, my husband, daughter, and I drove to see my son at college. They had “family weekend.” It was nice to see him, but he was busy with studying and tired (hmm… I wonder why? LOL). Also, we didn’t set up anything with his friends’ families, and I would have liked to meet them. But while I ate some great food, I got in a LOT of steps. Even though I didn’t “exercise,” I had 91 exercise minutes!
Weight: I was down 1.1 pounds last week. That’s down two weeks in a row and the lowest weight I’ve been since June.
Goals: I did great with my exercise, not so great with my food.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for October:
- Use my in-home yoga OR meditation app one day per week. -2/1
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 4/2
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – yes (+245)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2(3)
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.