Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (September 26 – October 2, 2022):
Last week was another good one. I kept below my caloric intake for the week and met my exercise goals. I even had a down day where I vegged most of the day! It was a pretty low-key week; my husband was traveling all week, so it was just me and the girl.
I use the Lose It! app to track my food intake, weight, etc. The app utilizes a standard budget for caloric intake based the Mifflin-St. Jeor formula, with a goal of losing 0.5 pounds per week. The app calculates the daily allotment of calories based on my current weight, daily activity level, and factors in exercise. In the past, I could go over this weekly allotment by quite a lot and still lose weight, which is why I have that I need to be less than 1,250 calories over for the week. However, in the past year, this is no longer true. If I go over for the week, I tend to go up in weight. So for October, I’m reducing that goal from 1,250 extra calories per week to 750 calories. I really shouldn’t have any extra, but I’m going to try to stick to this and see how it goes.
Weight: I was down 1.2 pounds last week.
Goals: I hit all of my goals last week.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for September:
- Use my in-home yoga OR meditation app one day per week. -1/1
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 6/2
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – yes (-341)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 0(0)
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.