Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (November 7 – November 13, 2022):
Well I had an amazing time last week! I traveled to New York City with my daughter, mom, sister, and nieces for a long weekend Thursday – Sunday. The first night we had slices of NY Pizza from “the third best in the city.” On Friday we drove by the Brooklyn Bridge, went to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty, went to the 911 Memorial and Museum, walked up to the fire station where they filmed the original Ghostbusters, visited the Friends Experience and Central Perk (where we took a whole bunch of photos!), visited Eataly and picked up yummy food, walked around Bryant Park at night, and visited Time Square at night. On Saturday, we walked up to Central Park, visited Tiffany’s and walked 5th Ave high-end shops, ate lunch at Ellen’s Stardust Diner. We enjoyed a Broadway show. After we walked around 30 Rockefeller Plaza and went to the “Top of the Rock” for views of the city at night. We ended up having Shake Shack for a late night dinner. On Sunday morning, we had yummy treats and breakfast from Angelina’s bakery, walked over to the Empire State Building and went around the lobby. Then it was time to head home. It was a wonderful weekend! I ate a bunch, but not too bad. However I walked A LOT!!
Weight: My weight stayed the same last week, which was good with all the treats!
Goals: It was a mixed bag, but I’m happy considering I was on vacation for half of the week. I’m struggling to get in my yoga – I just don’t feel like doing it.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for November:
- Use my in-home yoga OR meditation app one day per week. – 0/1
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+1,283)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3(5)
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.