Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (December 5 – December 11, 2022):
Last week was a pretty good one for my goals and health – other than we still have a ton of sweets in the house! The weather wasn’t great a few days, so I didn’t get in as much exercise as I like to. I successfully integrated breathing meditation to my week – hitting all seven days, sometimes twice in one day. The meditations are usually one minute, but I’ve done up to three minutes so far. I was down in Boston on Thursday, which means we pass Chick-Fil-A on the way home (there aren’t any near me). Their Peppermint Chip shakes are amazing, so I had one for lunch!
Weight: I was down 0.7 pounds.
Goals: I did pretty well last week, just missing a couple goals by a little.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for December:
- Use the breathe mediation app on my watch daily – 7/7 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 4/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+844)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 0(0)
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.