Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (November 21 – November 27, 2022):
Last week was U.S. Thanksgiving, and I had off five days! My son came home from college on Tuesday and went back Sunday morning. He spent a lot of time with his friends, who were also home, but I did get to spend some time with him. I also went to see the musical SIX in Boston with my daughter – it was AMAZING! I highly recommend if you have the chance to see it. We had a lovely holiday with family – there were 18 of us all together on Thanksgiving (luckily not at my house!). Over the weekend I watched football and put up the outdoor lights.
Weight: I was down 0.2 pounds, which is really good considering the amount of food I ate on Thanksgiving. Overall, I was up a pound in November.
Goals: Still no yoga. I also ate and drank a lot. But I did get in walks. My December is going to be very stressful, so my new goal coming for December is to use the breathe meditation app on my Apple Watch everyday. I’ll start with twice per day, one minute each and try to build up from there.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for November:
- Use my in-home yoga OR meditation app one day per week. – 0/1
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+3,496)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 5(7)
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.