Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (December 19 – December 25, 2022):
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!
As I mentioned last week, my daughter was in the hospital for the week of December 12th. Last week, we were back home, but she needed a lot of one-on-one attention. I’ve been sleeping on the couch and not getting out much. Between the holidays and cold weather, I ate/drank a lot and didn’t work out at all. The good news is she’s making strides and recovering on schedule. Mom and Dad flew in from Florida for a few days, and we all spent the holidays with my in-laws. It was a pretty quiet but enjoyable Christmas!
Weight: While I was down 0.3 lbs last week, I was up a pound for the month. And even more discouraging, I find myself up 3 pounds for the year.
Goals: I did not meet any of my weekly goals.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for December:
- Use the breathe mediation app on my watch daily – 2/7 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 2/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 2/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+5,120 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 4 day (9 servings)
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.