Welcome to #FitReaders2022!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (November 28 – December 4, 2022):
Last week was one of those when I didn’t have a lot going on but was constantly busy. I was in the office one day, and it was great to see my coworkers. We also went out to eat at the restaurant where my daughter works. She wanted to go, but then was embarrassed to introduce us to her boss. Oh well! I snacked a lot over the week, eating sweets and candy that have infiltrated our house.
Weight: I was up 0.3 pounds.
Goals: I changed over from yoga to mediative breathing on December 1. Unfortunately, my watch reminder for the Breathe app isn’t working. So I finally set a daily alarm to remind me. So far, I like it. I tried once per day last week, and I’m going to try and increase it to twice per day (1 or 2 minutes) for this week.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for December:
- Use the breathe mediation app on my watch daily – 3/4 (started on December 1)
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+1,814)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1(1)
My overall goals for 2022 are:
- To lose (approximately) five (5) pounds (from my Jan 1 start weight) and maintain the weight loss. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To continue with my yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga and/or meditation at least four times per week – but I’ll adjust month-to-month. Focus on being present in the now.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.