Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 9 – January 15, 2023):
Last week was pretty good. I’ve gotten back into a routine, mostly. My daughter had her post-op appointment and the doctor said she’s doing great. I ate too much and didn’t exercise as much as usual due to bad weather.
Weight: I was up 0.5 lbs.
Goals: I didn’t work out as much as I like to, mostly because of bad weather. I did my breathing mediation every day.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for January:
- Use the breathe mediation app on my watch daily – 7/7 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 4/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 4/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+1,389 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1 days (1 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.