Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 16 – January 22, 2023):
Last week wasn’t the best for my health and goals. However, it was a good week. My son made it back to school on Monday and started second semester classes on Tuesday. Starting last Wednesday, my daughter is now back to school full time. She still needs to start physical therapy and isn’t cleared for dance, but she’s getting there. On Thursday, my book/blogging bestie Liza flew into town for a long weekend. We had two days of winter weather, but we enjoyed just relaxing and hanging out. We also took my daughter dress shopping for her upcoming winter semi-formal. We watched football, played games, and ate lots of good food with the neighbors. On Sunday we went to Boston to see Hamilton. It was a great production.
Weight: I was up 0.3 lbs.
Goals: I didn’t make any of my goals last week. Some of it’s due to the weather, some do to my house guest, but mostly, I was lazy.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for January:
- Use the breathe mediation app on my watch daily – 6/7 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 3/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 3/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+3,314 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3 days (7 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.