Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (December 26, 2022 – January 1, 2023):
Happy New Year!
This report is for the last week of 2022, that weird week between Christmas and New Year’s Day when time seems meaningless and calories don’t count (I WISH!). Last week was better than the week prior – I ate fewer calories, drank less alcohol, and actually walked five days. Most of the calories were from New Year’s Eve, when we started about 6pm and made it until midnight! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.
Weight: I was up 0.2 lbs.
Goals: I got in my walks, but failed on the other goals (although I was better than the week prior).
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for December:
- Use the breathe mediation app on my watch daily – 2/7 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. -5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+3,780 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3 day (4.5 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
When thinking about goals that are meaningful for the upcoming year, I struggled a bit. I’ve been “trying to lose weight” for several years now. At first it was only five pounds, then it was ten. I would lose some but then gain it back. A year ago, I reexamined where I was and what I thought was realistic for the lifestyle I was living, and I still failed. I don’t want to “give up,” but it’s also clear to me that unless I want to make major permanent changes to my lifestyle (exercise and diet), that I will not meet weight loss goals. And the bottom line is, I’m content where I’m at. I’m about 10 pounds over the “healthy range” for my age and body frame, and at almost 52 years old, I’m good with that. So I’ve readjusted my “weight loss” goal. As for yoga and meditation, a goal I added a couple years ago, I do need to add that back. Mentally I’m not there, but the yoga is so important for maintaining healthy bones and muscle mass.
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.