Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 23 – January 29, 2023):
Well, it was another mediocre week. I did do better with getting out and exercising, but I didn’t do anything extra. My week was fairly low key, after a few busy weeks. I got my hair cut and colored. My daughter had her semi-formal dance (she was stunning!). The family went out for brunch to celebrate my sister-in-law’s 50th birthday. Oh and there were games and fun on Sunday for the NFL playoffs. I didn’t eat too horribly all week, but I did have extra snacks and desserts, pushing me to too many calories almost each day.
I’m trying something new! I’ve jumped on the Waterllama app bandwagon. Have you seen it? It’s cute and a fun way to keep track of water intake. But here’s the thing – it actually tracks HYDRATION and not water (unless you want to just use it for that). I am tracking all my fluids – including caffeinated teas, sodas, and alcohol. Each drink has an assigned percentage towards hydration. For example, Black Tea comes in with 90% hydration, because the caffeine deducts some of the hydration impacts. That means a 20 ounce tea gives 18 ounces of hydration. Alcohol, on the other hand, deducts hydration. White wine (one of my favorites) is a -95% hydration. So if I drink 8 ounces of white wine, I actually deduct 7.6 ounces of hydration. So, I’ve up’d my daily goal to 80 ounces of HYDRATION, and so far it’s working well. I’m actually drinking more fluids. I’ll keep you posted.
Weight: I was up 0.7 lbs.
Goals: I hit more of my goals last week than the previous, including getting the bare minimum exercise time. With vacation coming at the end of February, I really need to get my act together!
I notice that if I don’t do the breathing meditation right when I wake, I tend not to get it in. I’ll think about it during the day, but it’s never “the right time” to actually do it. However, I do implement the breathing to calm and center myself during the day, so I suppose it’s working, even if I don’t “officially” do it every day.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for January:
- Use the breathe mediation app on my watch daily – 5/7 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -5/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – no (+1,631 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2 days (3 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.