Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 6 – March 12, 2023):
Back home and getting back into a routine after being gone for a bit took some work! It was just my daughter and I all week, as my husband was gone for work until Friday. The week went by quickly. My daughter had a few appointments, including a fitting for her prom dress alterations. We went out to dinner with friends on Friday to celebrate a college acceptance for their daughter. Then my son made it home from college on Friday. I hadn’t seen him in two months! Our kitchen and bath remodel is finishing up, with only a few minor items on the punch list. Over the weekend, I was able to start moving things back and could use my kitchen again. I also got a new rug and new light fixtures. I love my new space!
Weight: I was down 0.3 pounds last week.
Goals: I kept up my walking when the weather wasn’t bad and managed to make good choices with my food intake. I had hoped for a larger weight loss… I still haven’t come to terms with my changed metabolism, and that what I used to be able to do to lose weight isn’t effective any longer. I’m not finding the breathe meditation app comforting/useful, so I’ll probably stop that goal. But I do need to start stretching more – so maybe I’ll try that next month.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for March:
- Use the breathe mediation app on my watch daily. – 0/7 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 4/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – yes (+388 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3 days (5 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.